The Deduction Methods Discussion Forum
Your contribution to this forum is highly welcome and encouraged, as this project is a collaborative effort. You are welcome to post arguments for or against the different points of view, pose questions or request clarification, and provide information or pointers to information about the subject of juristic deduction methods (طرق الإثبات الشرعية). All posts in this forum are moderated. A moderator will approve your post as soon as possible after you submit it. This is to ensure the quality and civility of all posts in this section, given the controversial nature of the subject matter. For maximum efficiency, please be mindful of the following rules and etiquette before posting. Thank you for your cooperation.Rules:
1. This is not a general purpose discussion forum about Islam, the Quran or religion. This is simply an intellectual discussion of the deduction methods issue in Islam. Please try not to go into other areas that have no bearing on the question of deduction methods.
2. Contributions must not be copies from copyrighted published books.
3. No profanity, hate talk, name calling, accusation, personal attacks or "takfeer" is allowed. You can argue your point forcefully, and disagree with statements or arguments strongly, but please do so in a substantive, courteous way without questioning other posters' intentions, character, or ability. Violators will be warned once and if they persist will be banned.Etiquette:
1. This is a separate project from the main translation mission of TheMostReadBook site. Please post suggested translations in the translation forum and deduction methods discussions in this forum.
2. You can be a follower of any Muslim sect or scholar, but you should not demean or dismiss other sects or scholars nor preach your sect nor promote your scholar.
3. You can be a non-Muslim with particular competence in the Islamic deduction methods subject. Your scholarly contribution is welcomed but you should not preach your religion nor demean Islam or its sacred icons.
4. No spam nor off the topic posts are allowed. Such posts will be promptly deleted and posters will be warned and/or banned.
5. No hijacking of threads is allowed. If you find it necessary to change the theme of the discussion in a thread, then create a new topic. If you cannot, send a private message to one of the administrators.
6. Please do not post in all capital letters, very long paragraphs, or chat-style language. Use colors and smileys sparingly, and avoid the use of purple
as it is reserved for moderator messages.